For you, esports is consumed best before and after the matches, when every teams and leagues are producing crazy good video content. You can’t get enough of TikTok but wonder why more gaming brands aren’t on it yet. You find your inspiration on Twitch or by watching online media like VICE, because this is where the future of video content is being decided. And you genuinely think that esports is the sport of the digital generation—so you can’t understand why more brands haven’t jumped in yet.
Hurrah is a Paris-based creative advertising agency focused on bringing mainstream brands into esports and gaming, and we’re looking for an experienced video maker to join us. If esports and gaming are your dream gigs, but a lack of relevant roles drove you into video production for diapers or mustard instead, you’re the player we’re looking for.
You will be accountable for most of the video productions of the agency, working hand-in-hand with the client and in-house creatives on:
- Building creative concepts in team or in soloQ, from briefs to production.
- Shooting, editing and post producing all of our video content (interviews, live event, vlogs, etc.)
- Production of social media video content (Stories, TikTok content, etc.) in complete autonomy
- Day to day will consist of a plethora of different projects, from social media videos to online animated graphics and short films
- Ensuring that production stays on schedule without going over budget
- Ensuring video content reflects the brand message
- Helping define esports and gaming’ video visual identity of tomorrow!
To embrace your role as video maker, you need a few branches on your professional tree:
- You speak English fluently, as it’s basically Hurrah’s primary language
- You have a strong previous agency or media experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- You can handle the rest of Adobe Creative suite to support your video editing skills
- Knowledge of motion design is a real plus
- You know your way around a camera like no one else in the room
- Strong knowledge of all production and post production processes, formats and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- You know esports and gaming well enough to be able to plan shootings around the events agenda (because seriously… that’s what we do)
- Your general knowledge of creation and art direction is updated and regularly fed
See yourself in this magic mirror? Then don’t wait; the game’s about to start.
- Salary: Experience- and skills-based
- Type of job: Full-time freelance or for a short-duration contract (initially six months). A full-time contract can be discussed when this contract expires.
- Location: Paris 19e (Belleville)
- Start date: before end of October
Send your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Hurrah for Video Marker! — Your Name Here). Include a quick email about why we should pick you. (None of that “To Whom It May Concern” stuff.)